Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chicago

Well its official we are in Chicago. It's been a week in The Windy City, and so far so good. It was sad saying goodbye. And it was hard seeing Erik pout a little bit as we pulled out of our Colorado parking lot. However once we were on the road it got better. My sister and her husband came and drove with us. It was fun and loud and I think by the end of the trip Erik felt even more apart of my family.
My parents recieved us with open arms. I'm sure we looked pretty pathetic after driving for 17 hours. After Erik and I slept for 12 hours we got up the next day and started unpacking. Until we find our new place we are stayin with my parents. Its so nice, my parents have made my old room into a new studio apartment for us! It has been nice to have my parents around.
Erik started work again, I have barely seen him in 3 days. He has been working late and I am usually asleep when he gets home. However it sounds like he's having fun. I can't wait to have a date with him.
The baby seems to be kicking more and more these days. I officially have a real belly. I look really weird naked, but everyone keeps telling me I have a glow...I don't see it.
At any rate, we are still getting used to being in the big city. It' still weird being here. There are so many people and so much traffic. It's a little overwhelming. It doesnt feel like home just yet, but we're working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment