Monday, January 24, 2011

Inspired to Dream Again

I haven't been writing lately because I really haven't felt like it/ I haven't had much to say. In all honesty, things haven't been that great. I haven't had any funny stories to tell, and I figured if I wrote anything it would be in my "Debbie Downer" voice. However, I got inspired today.

Since, I have been avoiding writing, I have also been avoiding my blog altogether. Today, I thought I would see what my friends were writing on their blogs, and one blog entry stuck out for me. My friend Cindy writes such great blogs. They make me cry, laugh, and get excited. She and I went to college together, and in all honesty we weren't really that great of friends. However, we both got married and got pregnant around the same time and we became pen pals. I get really excited to read her notes and hear about her daughter and tell her about mine. Basically I really value this new friendship.

At any rate, Cindy's newest entry is about she and her hubby's dream home. The way she described it, made me feel really excited and sad. I was excited because I am a strong believer in dreams, and its beautiful that she and her husband dream together. But I was sad because I realized Erik and I haven't been dreaming lately. We have been kind of swept up in our problems and not really looking toward the future. We have been so distracted that I feel like we have been only living day to day, and have forgotten to dream. I don't want Eliana to grow up not dreaming. I want her to truly believe God can do anything, and that He cares about her dreams...He put them in her heart.
At any rate, Erik and I have agreed to start dreaming again, and we couldn't be more excited about our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment