Friday, May 14, 2010

Addiction

In the past I have thought that I may have a problem…like if there is some sort of 12 step program, maybe that’s where I should start it. I am obsessed with Twilight. I usually can control myself on a regular day to day basis. I am not constantly thinking about the series. I don’t dream of vampires and werewolves fighting over me. However when the Twilight series is mentioned, shown on TV, or when someone says the name Edward…I lose it!

I never ever watch Oprah anymore. I feel she has gotten a little crazy with some of her shows, but this particular episode that was on the other day, I HAD to watch. Yes, Oprah had the stars of Twilight on her show. As soon as the show started I couldn't’t stop smiling. And if I had been home alone I would've screamed like a 14 year-old girl. In fact, that is what I feel like when I read the books or watch the movies, like I’m in high school again. I feel excited and girlie and super immature.

At any rate, I have always felt a little too crazy about the books. I have fallen in love with Edward and I have felt just like Bella (awkward and out of place), but after watching the people on Oprah, maybe I don’t have as big of a problem as I thought.

There was a fan club called “Twi-Moms”- a group of mom’s over the age of 40 who are more obsessed with Twilight than me! They have movie premiers in their houses. And even have a fake red carpet that they walk down and take pictures with their cardboard cut out of Edward! Yes, these women have officially made me feel normal, well somewhat. There was a sorority at UCLA that also was a huge fan club for Twilight. One of the girls had a comforter with Edward and Bella on it, and she would lay over Bella and pretend Edward was really there….yeah…for real?

At any rate, though I maybe a tad obsessed with Twilight, I guess officially I’m not crazy…well that’s what I’m choosing to believe : )

No comments:

Post a Comment