Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What to Expect When You're Expecting...

As soon as it was confirmed that we were having a baby I went out and bought as many pregnancy books as I could get my hands on. I wanted to be super informed. I wanted to have something to say when people I knew with babies were talking about some medical stuff that all kids have, and I could say "oh yeah well did you know..." However these books have scared me so much.
"What To Expect When You're Expecting" is really code for "tell you lots of scary gross things about being pregnant." Most women love this book and I guess in some ways I love it too. It is nice to know what each ache and pain means or could mean. But it's really the "what symptoms could mean" that are scary. Several times I have thought that I was dying because of the things in these books. I called my doctor and she's keeps telling me everything is fine. Then I recite back to her all the things I learned about my symptoms in the book (as if I know more than her). Currently my doctor has asked me to stop reading my books. So now I just look at the pictures....

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! You are cracking me up, what a great writer you are Vannae:)

    ReplyDelete