Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Peaceful Night's Sleep

I don't want to jinx myself,but Eliana slept through the night...twice!

The first night, Erik woke me up around 4am...worried. He said, "Babe, Ellie woke up and I re-swaddled her, and she went back to sleep..." First of all, why was he waking me up at 4am, and wasn't it a good thing that she went back to sleep? Since we had Ellie, she always woke up at 4am for a feeding. Not matter what time we put her down and no matter when her last feeding was, she always needed a 4am feeding. Recently, Erik and I read that we should try re-swaddling her first and comforting her, and if that doesn't work, then we feed her. So for weeks now, we had been trying this, but she always needed a feeding. However on Sunday night, re-swaddling her actually worked! So as my husband is staring at me at 4am, these thoughts came flooding back to me, and I jumped up out of bed and ran over to her bassinet. She was fast asleep! Erik and I went back to sleep and Ellie didn't wake up until 6:30am(her usual wake up time). We just couldn't believe it.

Monday night, we were so excited to get a full night's sleep, no such luck. Eliana woke up at 4am for a feeding. We were a little disappointed. However, last night she slept through the night again...she didn't even need to be re-swaddled! Ellie slept until 6:45 this morning. And for the first time in a long time, I feel like I actually got some sleep.
I just asked Ellie if we could make it a third night of sleeping through the night, she simply smiled then spit up. Is that a yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment